Sunday, August 15, 2010

It's been a while!

I think tons has happened since I last posted.  If I remember correctly (I suppose I could look it up!), it was just before Evelyn's first birthday and we had her party coming up soon.  Nothing could have gone more opposite then that.  Evelyn ended up in the hospital on her birthday and was there for 2 nights with respiratory distress.  Her party was supposed to be the Saturday after her birthday so we ended up cancelling that to - I was also sick so that would have been a tough party to host!  The March of Dimes Walk was supposed to be the day after her party and we decided to not go to that also. 
Health-wise - Evelyn has been getting much better!  She had tubes put in at Children's Hospital in Minneapolis June 8th.  That made a worlds of difference!  All of a sudden no runny nose, no respiratory problems at all!  She was diagnosed with pneumonia just a week before her surgery.  She was able to kick that to the curb and still have surgery.  The latest and greatest with Evelyn is during the ENT follow-up appointment I mentioned her head was tilting to the side.  I was concerned there was something more wrong and the doc thought so to so Evelyn had a head CT scan.  The concern was the skull bones were fussing together to quickly.  Thank god that is not the case although now the ENT thinks we should look into having Evelyn wear a cap on her head to reshape her head (very flat head in the back).  We aren't too inclined to jump to this so we will see the doctor and what they say but may not go that route.
For Evelyn's birthday party we ended up doing a two years home from the NICU party on June 19, 2010 instead.  She got tons of presents and had a great time!  We also did do the March of Dimes walk in Marshall, MN with some friends.  It was lots of fun!
Now we are just realizing how quickly the summer is going!  Evelyn is really into feeding herself now and loves Chicken, broccoli, cauliflower, cheese, ice cream, milk, roast beef - just about anything but doesn't seem to love fruit yet.
I hope I can start doing a better job keeping up with this.  I have been writing lots in Evelyn's Caringbridge page just because of all the medical stuff.

1 comment:

  1. SO glad to hear that Evelyn is doing much better. It's amazing what a difference the tubes can make. My son had them and now I have a granddaughter who is about to get them.
    Thanks so much for walking for the March of Dimes. You're fabulous for sharing your support.

    ReplyDelete