Saturday, August 21, 2010

I hate fevers!

Evelyn has been sick the last few days.  It started Thursday when I noticed she was tired but I knew her molar was coming in so I didn't freak out.  Thursday night she had a low-grade fever so we gave her some ibuprofen and hoped for the best.  She seemed ok Friday morning so I gave her some more ibuprofen and sent her to daycare expecting to get a call to come and get her.  Her fever ended up going up so Wally picked her up.  I had called her doctor earlier to discuss the helmet therapy that the ENT thinks we should do so I mentioned the fever to the nurse and she said bring her in right away.  Wally did that and they did a chest xray, blood test, strep test and UTI test - all came back negative so she has a virus.  Her fever is up and down and she is super tired.  I hope she wakes up tomorrow all better!
As for the helmet therapy....her doctor recommended we do it.  He had a point in that we should try and do everything we can for her when we have the opportunity - in a year it will no longer work (helmet therapy is when the child wears a cap to try and reshape her head.  Since she was in the NICU so long laying on her back, her head is very flat in the back).  We have the first appointment September 1st.
We are planning to head up to Grand Rapids this weekend!  I can't wait!  It has been quite a long time - 21 years to be exact - since I have been there.  They have a Judy Garland museum that I can't wait to visit.  It will also be so nice to go somewhere and not worry about work or the house or the dogs - just Wally, Evelyn and I!  I still have this nagging feeling in the back of my mind that we won't get to go because Evelyn is still sick - hopefully I am wrong!

No comments:

Post a Comment